Monday 1 November 2010

AS Media Studies Coursework Skills Audit.

General:
  1. I work well as a part of a team
  2. 5
  3. I work better independently
    5
  4. I am confident that I can recognise the audience of various media texts
    4
  5. I am confident that I can recognise representation in various media texts
    4
  6. I am confident that I can research the institutions involved in the creation of various media texts
    3
  7. I am confident that I can replicate the production practices of various media texts
    4
  8. I am confident that I can recognise the narrative of various media texts
    3
  9. I am confident that I can recognise the genre of various media texts
    3
  10. I am confident that I can analyse the audience of various media texts
    4
  11. I am confident that I can analyse representation in various media texts
    4
  12. I am confident that I can analyse the institutions involved in the creation of various media texts
    4
  13. I am confident that I can analyse the production practices of various media texts
    4
  14. I am confident that I can analyse the narrative of various media texts
    3
  15. I am confident that I can analyse the genre of various media texts
    4

Brief 1 Print:

  1. I am skilled at using desktop publishing software like Publisher
    5
  2. I have a lot of experience in taking digital photographs
    5
  3. I am proficient at manipulating images and text in Publisher
    5
  4. I have a lot of practise of using photographic software like photoshop
    5
  5. I read a lot of magazines
    2
  6. I have designed magazines before
    5
  7. I have a good knowledge of what looks good on a page
    5
  8. I am a good writer
    3
  9. I know the terminology of magazines and newspapers thoroughly
    4
  10. I am confident I know the names of the different shot types and camera angles well.
    5

Brief 2 Video:

  1. I am adept at using a digital camcorder#
    5
  2. I have made videos before
    5
  3. I have used editing software like Windows Moviemaker many times
    5
  4. I am aware of the terminology of video editing
    5
  5. I watch a lot of different types of film
    4
  6. I am confident I know the names of the different shot types and camera angles well.
    5
  7. I am good at scriptwriting
    2
  8. I am a proficient storyboarder
    2
  9. I have acted in front of an audience many times
    5
  10. I am confident I could recruit actors to play parts in a short films
    2

Brief 3 Audio:

  1. I listen to the radio often
    5
  2. I have used audio recording software before
    5
  3. I am interested in music
    5
  4. I make my own music (including DJing)
    5         
  5. I have acted in front of an audience many times
    5
  6. I have listened to many different types of radio show including soap opera
    5
  7. I am confident I could recruit actors to play parts on a radio show
    2

Brief 4 Website:

  1. I use the internet for many different purposes
    5
  2. I am skilled at using desktop publishing software like Publisher
    5
  3. I am proficient at manipulating images and text in Publisher
    5
  4. I have a good knowledge of what looks good on a page
    5
  5. have a lot of experience in taking digital photographs
    5
  6. I have a lot of practise of using photographic software like Photoshop
    5
  7. I am proficient at creating digital video
    5
  8. I have created or added to websites before
    4

The Presentation of the Research:

  1. I am confident I can use PowerPoint effectively
    5
  2. I often add to online blogs or forums
    4
  3. I have used audio visual software to create podcasts before
    4

The Evaluation of the Research:

  1. I am organised and keep an effective record of my work
3
  1. I am good at recognising my own strengths
5


Once you have completed this audit you need to write a brief report of at least two paragraphs that gives an overall impression of what your main strengths and weaknesses are in approaching the coursework unit.

My main strengths in media would be the production side. Creating publications, images, films ECT… I am able to repsent genre, age, and audience very well with in my production work. I am also, good at looking deeper into the meaning and effect of a media artifiact. I am also very good a taking digital photographs and ensembaling them in both photoshop and publisher programs. 

I am not so good at the press side “storys”. I am not confidant in recuting people to become apart of my work. My weaknesses are writing what I think and attempting to finish questions. I often side track when talking and developing ideas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment