Monday 24 January 2011

Music Magazine Questionnaire

Questionnaire:

  1. List three genres you would like to read about in a music magazine:
    1.
    2.
    3.

  1. What ratio of Images : Text would you perfur?
    50:50
    40:60
    20:80
    30:70

  1. What is you age group?
    13-15
    16-18
    19-21
    22-40
    40+

  1. Would you prefer to read about upcoming new artists or recent mainstream artists?
    NEW and upcoming
    Mainstream

  1. What catches you eyes more in a magazine?
    The bright colours
    Professional images
    Clipart
    The amount of text
    Advertisements
    Freebies

  1. What magazines do you usually read?
    Heat
    Vogue
    NME
    Nuts
    442
    Loaded
    Take a break
    Other_____________
    None

  1. What is the most you’d be willing to pay for a Music Magazine?
    50p - £1.50
    £2.00 - £3.00
    £4.00 - £5.00
    Other____________

  1. Would you like to read about talent from around the world or just UK based artists?
    UK
    Worldwide

  1. How often do you read a magazine?
    Always
    Often
    Hardly
    Never

  1. Do you receive any money?
    I work
    Weekly income from EMA
    Parents

    Other (Please Specify)_______



    I asked 16-18 year olds the above questions. From this questionnaire, from my research I found out that they generally like to listen to RnB, Indie, Rap and Rock music. I also found out that my audience would prefer to see more images over text as a high percentage of the results went to 60:40 just over 50% of the audience picked this, so when making my magazine I would have to take this into account. When I questioned my audience weather they wanted to receive news from mainstream or underground artists around 60% wanted to hear new fresh music front he underground scene. They suggesting from a few of the comments back that mainstream new is everywhere were underground is more difficult to get a hold of and this gives them the advantage to receive and support budding artists and bands... 
    My audience also want bright colours, professional images and an eye catching magazine overall. So when choosing the housetyle for my mag I will have to pick apporate colours that fit with both genders as my magazine will not be gender bias. The most read magazine within my audience are heat and NME now this is a mix of both music and a gossip magazine suggesting I could mix these subjects together help engage my readership some more. When asking about price the limit my audience would pay for a magazine is around £3 and considering the average income was parents and EMA I feel its best to pric my magazine at about £2.00 as the students wouldn't have money to be wasting so often... 

No comments:

Post a Comment